Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

After Dinner Drinks and Dessert

My husband and I had our first date night in probably over 4 months.  Seriously ridiculous.  Following dinner we were having hard time deciding what to do - the movie times weren't looking promising and I couldn't talk him into going bowling - so what did we do instead?  We headed to The Modern to enjoy the exhibit and then have some dessert.
We started off with a "after dinner" cocktail - L'etrusco by Pistoletto: Ultimat Vodka, Bailey, Frangelico, Xo Cafe, Expresso.  Chocolate, Cream, Coffee - really?! A grown up Mudslide - yeah I went there.

Dessert was Cinnamon Peaches and Vanilla Ice Cream with Pound Cake Croutons.  I was a little skeptical when it was brought out.  I could tell immediately that they were forcing the peaches into the dish (not quite ripe enough), but the ice cream is made in house and the pound cake croutons were playful and tasty.  I did ask the bartender where the peaches were from and was at least surprised to find out that he had personally purchased them that morning at the farmer's market, although he was unable to tell me the farm he purchased from.  Had those peaches had time to fully ripen that dish would have been fabulous - it needed the extra sugary juicy goodness from the peaches.
Would I do it again - definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment