Search This Blog

Monday, September 14, 2009

Jazz Cafe #2

Oh, how you break my heart. Why Jazz Cafe do you have to let me down?
I know you say, "...after such a raving review"! I don't know what's worse, having to tell you all the truth or admitting to myself that my dream brunch joint has to be left in my sleep.
"What," you say, "could cause such heartache?"
The first (and only other visit) was with a large group, the restaurant was full, the music was playing and my heart was racing... so I probably let the adrenaline rush cloud my judgement of the overall service. Upon the second visit, hubby and I decided it couldn't take that long with only two of us, and not to mention when we arrived it was probably half as full as last time. The music was still playing, and the time management was still a HUGE problem.
We sat down at about 10:45 on a Sunday morning, ordered at some time around 11:00... here is the order: sampler Hummus, Black Bean Enchiladas (yes Veg friendly, see notes below) and 1/2 order Eggs Benedict. Not a complicated order - no special requests - just straight off the menus. We get our appetizer at some time around 11:30 or 11:40 - I know you think I am exaggerating - but I am not. You must be thinking that we ended up eating our appetizer with our breakfast - and you wouldn't be too far from what I was thinking, until it was well after 12:15 when our food finally arrived. I know, I know I must be crazy - but I am not - I didn't get to Central Market until 1:00!! I wasted my whole Sunday morning WAITING FOR FOOD!
Now on to the food.
Hummus was simple with lemon and tahini - not too bad - I'd eat it again. Black Bean Enchiladas: I thought I was going Vegan, until they arrived with a huge "dollop of Daisy" on top. This dish was nothing to ride home about - black beans inside one corn tortilla. I asked for a back up tortilla just because there was so much bean on the plate - I had to do something with it. Of course hubby ate the Eggs Benedict as fast as he could cut it and get into his mouth. He swears that it is one of the best Eggs Benedict's he has had.
Ranking #2: 2 Carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment