Search This Blog

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Paco and John Mexican Diner

Have you met Paco? I have. And he's now one of my favorite restauranteurs.
I am writing this review again after several more visits to what has become our second favorite place to eat in Fort Worth. I don't know how anyone could have doubted our choice, since our favorite is John's restaurant of Paco & John... St. Emilion.
Last weekend Hambre Esposo & his wife joined Foodie and hubby at Paco & John for what turned out to be the most exciting visit to date. Side note: We have gone to eat brunch just about every weekend for the past month - see future posting on the brunch options. Back to the surprise - the dinner menu has been updated!! Not that the menu was bad before, but for all your veg eaters out there you have more than one option.
Here are a few of the newest additions to the dinner menu - the street taco's are available, vegetable enchiladas, spinach & cheese enchiladas, and I think there are a few more - I was so excited I forgot to write them all down.
Of course I had a hard time deciding since I thought I was just going to have to have the Chile Reino again. But, I finally nailed it down to the vegetarian enchilada plate (served with a side of rice, no beans). The plate included two of their sauteed vegetable enchiladas with a spinach & cheese enchilada in the middle. What a feast. The vegetable enchiladas are fantastic. It's the same mix of veggies that they use in their vegetable & sweet potato breakfast burrito - roasted peppers, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and onion. They are all seasoned perfectly and cooked just right to be in an enchilada. The spinach & cheese was okay - but next time I will order all veggie...
Of course the same starters are available - complimentary chips & their great salsa, quesos (crab, chirizo, and a new one with roasted peppers/onion), guacamole.
If you have not had a chance to try this new jewel in the Southside - don't waste another day. Remember for now BYOB and they are closed on Monday's.
Ranking: 4 Carrots

1 comment: