Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2022

When The World Is Your Oyster, But You Want Pizza

I'm not sure about all of you, but when you have a kid (or multiple) they usually win out at the pizza war.  At our house, most every Friday is pizza and a movie.  We sometimes make our own, order something that we can't get delivered (so we run in and pick it up), but in most cases it is a standard chain delivery.  While easy and usually enjoyable - it does get boring. 

So!  What do you do when you are kid-free on a Friday night?!?  You do adult pizza night and a movie (We watched The Gray Man on Netflix).  That was easy part - then you have to decide where to go get that adult pizza in Fort Worth.  That turned into a HUGE research/discussion.  

Here were some of the points of discussion ~
  • Should we pick based off splitting a pizza - i.e. they will do a 1/2 and 1/2
  • Crust and reheatability (i.e. how do those leftovers taste)
  • Do we try somewhere new or do a tried and true favorite
  • Yelp sorting by ratings and number of reviews narrowed the list down.

There are so many new places that we haven't tried yet.  Price, location, and just uncertainty of the unknown all played into our decision.  Once we hashed out all the possibilities, we decided on a tried and true favorite ~ Zoli's Pizza.  

Zoli's is the brain child of Cane Rosso favorite, Jay Jerrier.  When we lived down in the 'hood (aka Southside) we spent many nights enjoying pizza at Cane Rosso - or as it became known at our house "The Red Pig".  I think on the pizza side this might be another obsession with a chef - because everything he touches we adore.  We would drive to Dallas - 45 minutes away! - just get some Zoli's before we had a Fort Worth option.  

At Zoli's you have to decide - am I square or a round type of person.  Do I like my pizza large and in charge with a thicker crust (square pie), or am I a traditional, classic crust that's a little thin and doesn't get in a way of the toppings (round pie)?  Don't get me wrong, they both have their place in the pizza world.  I do not discriminate against any great pizza - which is what makes Zoli's so much fun.  

I've never, ever had a bad thing from here.  My ultimate treat is to start with an order of Zucchini Fries and almost not leave room for the pizza.  I've tried to replicate this wonderful dish at home - and I can't even come close.  Not to mention the house-made jalapeño ranch that you dip these wonders in, and some pizza if there is any left.  


The pies are all a preferential decision.   I'm usually a classic ~The Spangler, while my husband will almost 99% of the time order The Honey Bastard.  I do love me a NY White when I'm not in the mood for a red sauce base (can I recommend that if you order this, get a side of the red sauce and use it as a dip!)  As for the 50/50 split - Zoli's will accommodate a split pie as long as the base is the same on the two pies.  

Don't be fooled by our adult pizza night - every kid we see here enjoys the pizza - including our own!  They have a great outdoor space and the decor is off the chain.  Go have a great adult pizza night of your own, or bring along you kids for a great and enjoyable family pizza night!

~Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment