Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Ranking System

I have been told by several people, but none to subtly by my wonderful hubby that I should create a ranking system for the restaurants that I review. So after many attempts to ward off this type of generic labeling I have finally given in to the requests.
I make no guarantees regarding the success or failure of this system - I will probably continue to blame it on my husband (unless it becomes a success). My rankings will be based on the following:
- Atmosphere
- Service
- Quality of food
- Cleanliness
- Amount of time for food service
- And last but not least, the vegetarian offering and/or lack there of.
So here's how it will go:
FULL SET OF UTENSILS: This restaurant meets all my requirements to be a favorite and will be or has been frequented more than once. More than likely it is a staple restaurant and is visited once a week.
MISSING THE SPOON: This restaurant has potential, but something just wasn't quite right. Usually in the detail of the review the specifics will be given as to why it wasn't given the highest honor.
MISSING THE KNIFE: Not the most important utensil at the table, but nonetheless could be disappointing to not have one if needed. Any restaurant getting this label just wasn't all put together. Could have been several minor mistakes or one gigantic one. Usually this is just those places that are mediocre, but because we all have faults would probably be eaten at again.
MISSING THE FORK: Most meals are not a success without a fork and so goes it for a restaurant getting this label. Sorry to say it just didn't quite cut it. Any restaurant missing a veg option will automatically get this label.
NO UTENSILS AT ALL: I think this needs no explanation. Horrible and won't return.

No comments:

Post a Comment