Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Top 5 Brunch (or breakfast) Spots

I was given a challenge the other day by a good friend to pick my top 5 of any category and keep a running list. He said my rules were they had to be top 5 based on my vegetarian requirements and that at any point the 5 could rotate or loose a spot.
Always up for a good challenge, I decided to start with my 5 top Veg Brunch spots around town. Remember these are only based on my vegetarian perspective and will have nothing to do with whether a place does or does not serve bacon & eggs.
1. Spiral Diner - by far best all you can eat pancake brunch (Sunday only)
2. The Jazz Cafe - who can beat jazz music and a great meal to cure growling stomach.
3. Esperanza's - I have never reviewed this place because I eat here usually once a week (that could be tedious), but if you crave Mexican early in the morning (or even at lunch on the weekends) their breakfast is great.
4. Taverna - one of our favs overall whether lunch, dinner or brunch (brunch: Saturday & Sunday only).
5. Cafe Modern - only been once, but the options for veg or vegan were nice and they change the menu seasonally.
So don't be a hater. If your joint isn't listed at least give these a try or post your favorite places and that way I can give them a try. I am always looking for new places to try (especially for breakfast/brunch).

1 comment: