Search This Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lili's Bistro on Magnolia

So this post has been a long time coming. Foodie husband and I went to Lili's last month for our 3rd wedding anniversary that happened to fall in the middle of the week. Yeah, I know not real extravagant, but the food was fantastic.
We have both been to Lili's several times over the couple of years that we have lived in the Southside, but I had forgotten how much I enjoy the creative dishes. Don't be scared - the dishes are little pricey, but for a special occasion or for a once in a blue moon treat - it is definitely worth it.
For an appetizer we shared the Hummus and Pita. Their pita bread is to die for. If you have a carb phobia - STAY AWAY - you can't stop eating it. I love a nice kick added to any meal and the jalapeno drizzle was just the right touch - unique & an added flavor to what can normally be a bland dip.
Hubby ordered the Lili's House Burger, which is topped with their signature Gorgonzola Cheese sauce and has a side of their mouthwatering waffle fries. As most of you know I don't eat meat, but my first comment was, "WOW, that makes me want to start eating meat again!". It looked fantastic, and must have been, because Foodie Hubby ate it all, licked the plate and went home miserable (see dessert note).
I was slightly more perplexed about what I wanted and debated about several items. I finally landed on the Tzatziki Medley which is a split dish of Tabouli and Bulgher and Berries. I have a hard time finding a Tabouli that meets my acidic/tart requirements, but this Tabouli can't be beat. The tart Tabouli paired with the sweet and warm Bulgher and Berries was a nice combination. I debated hard about eating the whole dish and not taking any home, but the following day at work it was well worth having the left overs. It made me want to go back for more that evening.
As I promised above, the stuffed Hubby ordered the Banana Upside Down Cake to go. He was so stuffed he had to save it for the following evening. But in the tradition of Lili's he warmed it up and topped it with vanilla ice cream and continued our anniversary dinner the following evening.
See their website for reservation policies. This is definitely a recommended pick!
Ranking: 5 Carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment