Search This Blog

Saturday, May 16, 2009

M & O Station Grill

M & O Station Grill, a part of the Leonard's Department Store Museum, was an interesting adventure into my journey to find truly the best veggie burger in town.
The diner itself is quaint, decorated the way you would expect an old fashioned burger diner to be, and seems to have quite the following.
We arrived early on a Saturday morning (around 11:30) and they were freshly chopping all the ingredients for that day - tomatoes, lettuce, onions, potatoes, and list could go on. I felt encouraged by their attention to the finer details of a perfect burger.
I ordered the veggie burger (no cheese) which comes topped with lettuce, tomatoe, onion, dressing of choice (not knowing about their homemade "special sauce", I picked mustard) and fresh grilled mushrooms. Foodie's husband did the usual - cheeseburger - mustard only. All burgers are grilled to order - as you order them, so they come out fresh and piping hot.
The burgers arrived and what a sight. Fresh buns toasted to perfection, fresh ingredients, and a side of handcut steak-style fries. Foodie's husband was in heaven - they make a skinny patty just like he likes it. I on the other hand was a little disappointed. One of two things happened - and those of you that do the veggie burgers on a regular basis know exactly what I'm talking about - the sides of the patty were so hard my knife wouldn't even cut the burger in half. So, they either freeze these patties and then cook them as they are ordered, or they just overcooked it. What I could eat of the burger was fantastic - the mushrooms made this burger!
I haven't given up yet on M & O Station Grill. I'll give them a second shot.
Ranking: 3 Carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment