Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chadra does Fort Worth South Annual Dinner

I don't normally write about weird eating experiences, especially those the reader could never duplicate, but I have to say that the veg friendly meal I was served at the Fort Worth South annual dinner last night complements of Chadra Mezza was quite tasty.
So, I haven't ever really written anything about Chadra - it's just one of our normal standbys. They have a great buffet that could put any Chinese buffet to same (they should all come and take notes). I enjoy it for the moderately prices items and the high amount of vegetarian options, hubby just likes the buffet of food on Friday nights.
Even though I don't really comment on their "ordinary" meals, this dish was just too original to pass up.
We attended the Fort Worth South Annual dinner and I of course am the odd man out at the dinner table - requiring a green table topper so they could find me the lone vegetarian in the room. The tabouleh and the dessert were just ho-hum, but I couldn't stop eating my main course. Cinnamon flavored rice topped with a marinated portobello mushroom with roasted & almost candied pistachio, almond and walnuts. I have never cooked with cinnamon outside of dessert and cinnamon & sugar toast for breakfast, but this was fantastic. It was like having a healthy dessert for dinner. The flavor was sweet, but not overpowering.
Delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment