Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Mamma Mia Italian Grill & Pizza

Let me start off by saying that their website is of no help. It appears that they rarely update the information.
There are two locations - the original on East Belknap & the newest on West Magnolia in the old Palermo's location.
Having Mamma Mia so close - is both a blessing and curse. We eat there at least once a week (sometimes multiple, especially if you include left overs). I know it can't be that healthy for you to eat rich Italian food every night of the week, but it's so good I can't help it.
I have tried just about every vegetarian dish on the menu - and created a few of my own. If I am in the mood for something a little lighter, I lean toward the Traditional Cheese Pizza. Fresh made dough, cornmeal on the crust, fresh red sauce and cheese overflowing... yum, it's making my mouth water just thinking about it.
The Eggplant Florentine is a great choice if you are in the mood for something to "put meat on your bones". Thinly sliced eggplant, breaded and baked, then rolled with cheese and spinach, covered in red sauce and cheese and served with a side of pasta. WOW is right!
I was in the mood for something a little different and ordered the "build your own" Stromboli - they will put anything you want in here. I had spinach, mushroom, and cheese. Oh it was so tasty... I ate the whole thing!
Of all the dishes I have ordered, my least favorite has been the Eggplant Parmesan. The Eggplant is cut super thin for the Florentine dish and it was just too mushy after it is cooked and covered in the sauce and cheese.
All the entrees come with a dinner salad (the house dressing is wonderful - spicy, oil & vinegar, red dressing). They always start you out with their garlic knot bread - and have oil & vinegar on the table. We have ordered calamari, fried mushrooms, cheese bread and all other kinds of goodie appetizers...
I can't think of a BAD thing I have had there.
I'll have hubby post another for all the meat dishes he has tried.
Rating: 5 Carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment