Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Spiral Diner - Mucho Grande Nacho's

So for the month of January, one of my guilty pleasures - Spiral Diner - feed us a blue plate special full of Mexican food. For those of you that don't know, Spiral Diner is a strictly Vegan restaurant. They try and buy local and organic and never feed us meat, meat-byproducts, dairy, eggs, etc.
Back to the Mexican Blue Plate Specials -
The dishes were a wide variety of quesadillas and nachos. I had a rare weekend visit with my BF, and for many weeks we had been eying the nachos. I know you are thinking, Nachos?? Who cares about Nachos?? Well need I say more than it was Mexican heaven on a plate. Their warm, "cheezy" sauce, quinoa, corn, black olives, tomatoes, jalapenos, beans, and I'm sure I'm missing something covering hearty corn tortilla chips was to die for.
The "cheezy" sauce is made from raw cashews and nutritional yeast flakes and other yummy-ness - you can't tell it's not real nacho cheese sauce. I can't explain to you how good these are. They are so good they need to be a permanent fixture on the menu. Hello Amy, please add the nachos to the menu... I'd be there all the time just to eat nachos.
I don't know about any of you all, but it's super hard to find veg-friendly mexican food. I eat their ate-layer burrito just about every time I go. Why can't I have a nice vegan nacho alternative all the time.
We never made it back to try the quesadillas - we ate nachos every time we went - but I am slightly sad, because they were trying out the new "cheese" fad in Daiya cheese. If the nachos were any sign, I am sure that Spiral had a winner in the quesadillas too.
Rating: 5 Carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment